Saturday, January 30, 2010

China vs. Spain

testing, testing...

This is my first entry, so forgive me if it seems amateur.

I decided to start a blog to capture my experiences teaching and traveling overseas which will start sometime in March of this year. We've received contracts for Changchun, China and Tarragona, Spain. Just so happens to be that both the offers and locations are polar opposites.

Changchun:

Pros
 
- yummy Asian cuisine (no, I'm not referring to felines)
- private tutoring language school (a.k.a. less work)
- something totally different
- close enough to the Great Wall

Cons
 
-cold! very cold.
- not the most exciting city in China
- very small living conditions
- wayyyyy too many people

Tarragona
Pros
 
- beautiful city
- beach
- better salary & contract
- next door to Barcelona, close enough to Madrid
- hot! very, hot weather

Cons
- more teaching hours
- scam, scam, scam!
- I hear the Spaniards can be less accommodating

Wherever the plane lands, I have no doubt that it will be full of surprises, shocks and cuisine even I can't imagine consuming.

Time to start packing.

many thanks for reading,
shelly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment